Monday, July 1, 2013

Classroom management

Classroom management ideas

Welcome to my blog I'm using this mainly as a one stop shop for my teaching ideas and resources feel free to take ideas or whatever you like from here. I've been teaching for a few years now overseas and I finally came up with the idea to start a blog for myself but like all knowledge it's meant to be shared. Enjoy!


* make sure you keep a bucket or basket of erasers and pencils and you hand them out to each student

(the reason for this I found was especially teaching ESL letting the kids get their pencil cases wastes time and also allows for time for shoving and fighting at the kids storage area) basically more trouble than it's worth.

*It's also a good idea to keep the kids scissors away from them because when you are not looking some little trouble makers :-) will grab the scissors and go to town on whatever they can get their hands on especially the younger ones

*During the summer time it is a good idea to ask the parents to send water bottles for their child that way the you can designate an area for drinking water in the class room
(yes this can get messy but it is better than having to go searching for your student in the hallways)

*Sticker boards  laminated ones***** the best sticker board idea I've had so far is a laminated sticker chart  find the template online I found the one below and laminate it. When the kids see the stickers come off and on with either real stickers (that you can let them keep) or by using dry erase marker the students will feel a sense of loss when you take them it makes it a more physical sign that they have done something wrong.  My rules are in connection with my sticker giving and taking if you break a big rule I take more stickers.





No comments:

Post a Comment